The best way to protect your roof and building structure from water damage is with waterproofing systems. Waterproofing is a great way to keep the elements out and will also save on energy. A properly sealed building enhances the longevity of the building inside and out and saves on utilities because air will not have any place to leak or escape.
We Can Waterproof Your Roof
What Causes Leaking?
There are a few conditions that will likely cause leaking in your roofing system.
- The presence of moisture or water
- Water moved along by a force such as wind or gravity
- A breach in the envelop that allows water to penetrate
- Liquid waterproofing membrane: This is a thin membrane consisting of a primer coat and a few topcoats that are very flexible and when cured, the liquid forms a rubbery coating that is difficult to penetrate.
- Polyurethane liquid membrane: This is best for flat roofing areas and those exposed to severe weathering. Its higher flexibility makes it popular but expensive and it is also sensitive to moisture content.
- Cementitious waterproofing: This is considered the easiest way to waterproof your building and the materials are easy to apply and find. Wetter areas with lots of rainfall are better suited for this waterproofing system.
- Bituminous coating: This is a flexible and protective coating made with polymer-grade and reinforced fiber, and it is popular for coating surfaces like concrete foundations.
- Bituminous membrane: This is popular for low-sloping roofing systems. As a self-adhesive, it is quite unlike any other membrane option. Composed of asphalt, filler, and polymers, its adhesive qualities can be improved by adding certain oils or resins for more enhanced waterproof protection
There are several things you need to do to ensure your roofing is waterproof and environmentally sound. Make sure you are aware of any water sources that the building and roofing could be exposed to and work with a professional to get a system designed to prevent leaks. Waterproofing is essential for the integrity of your roof, your building, and your investment. Call us today and we will help you waterproof your building to provide safety and peace of mind inside and out.