Roof Screens for Rooftop Equipment
Quite often buildings have equipment on the roof. The roof is a great place to keep bulky equipment as it is out of the way and for the most part, out of sight. Depending on where you stand though, the equipment can look very unsightly. Big, bulky units can detract from the appeal and appearance of your building, especially if any investors happen to be in the area. As important as it is to find space for your equipment, it is equally important to remember that the appearance of your building matters to partners, business prospects, and customers. Your brand and reputation could be at stake. Ventilation, heating, and electrical equipment are necessary components of a building, but this doesn’t mean they have to be out n the open for all to see. Investing in roof screens allows you to protect your brand and mage, by effectively hiding the bulky and unsightly equipment that your building needs.
What Screens Can Help You Hide?
Having roof screens can hide equipment from sight, thus protecting the appeal of your building and brand. There is a lot of equipment that can be hidden with the installation of a quality roof screen.
- HVAC units – These are typically bulky and lined up in rows, but are necessary for climate and temperature management for the building interior.
- Roof Exhaust Ventilation Fans – These are needed to pull dirty air from the building and allow fresh air inside. Bigger buildings have more of these and the more you have the uglier the roof looks.
- Cooling Towers – These extract unwanted heat from various places to reduce the temperature of the water. These are prone to rust which makes them very unsightly.
- Ducts and Pipework – Always associated with HVAC units and other roofing equipment, you can often see ducts and pipes from ground level.
- Service Walkways – Often used on flat roofing and are necessary for accessing roof equipment. While functional, these are not great to look at especially when located near the edges of the building.
- Platforms – Many forms of equipment come with platforms to raise them from the roof surface. The framework and equipment are more visible because of this and when they also have guardrails, they are even more distracting.
- Solar Panels – As green energy becomes more popular, many buildings invest in solar panels. While the panels are not ugly and offer a unique look, the supports, frames, and electrical connections are not pleasant to look at.
- Communication systems – Antennas, cellular communication units, and satellite dishes are necessary for communication but do nothing for the building look. You may not be able to hide a tall antenna, but a screen will definitely cover the bulky equipment at the base.
The equipment discussed above is required for the efficient functioning of any commercial or industrial building, but it can take away from the appearance and potentially your brand. Investing in roof screens will help to protect your image as it keeps the bulky units from sight. They can also serve as additional protection from adverse weather. Screen designs and materials vary so you can choose what suits your building and brand best. You can even add your company logo to the screens too. Call us today to discuss your screen options and we will make sure your roof looks its best without costing your reputation.
We work with local reputable roof screen manufacturers and we’re able to build custom screens as well. Contact us and let us know how we can help!
Learn More About Our Roofing Services!