Single Ply PVC Roof Installation over Existing Roof; Shingle Replacements; Skylights Replacement
Product: Sarnafil on flat roof; Certainteed on sloped roofs
Single Ply Roofing
- Inspected the existing roof to ensure that it is ready and acceptable to receive roofing materials.
- Over the substrate, mechanically attachws one (1) layer of ¼” Densdeck Prime Roof Board.
- Used only fasteners and plates approved by manufacturer.
- Fastening pattern is as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Over the existing, prepared, installed a fully adhered 60 Mil Sarnafil G-410 membrane
- End and side laps are per manufacturer specification.
- Only approved membrane adhesive was used.
- Membrane is hot air welded to create a complete monolithic roof seal.
- Terminated base flashings under the existing counterflashing with a termination bar.
- Fabricated and installed edge metal at edges of roof as needed.
- Edge metal flashings are fabricated from PVC Clad Metal.
- All details (including edge / wall terminations, curb flashings, and pipe / vent penetrations) are done in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Removed all debris caused by roofing and hauled away.
- Provided owner with a 20 Year Manufacturer No Dollar Limit (NDL) Warranty per specification.
Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Preparation and Tear Off
- Removed existing asphalt and/or wood shingles down to the wood substrate and hauled away.
- Thoroughly inspected wood substrate and other wood members such as fascia for deficiencies. Where deficiencies were found replaced wood as necessary.
- Removed and hauled away all metal flashings as deemed necessary.
- Installed nominal galvanized drip edge metal to all eaves and fastened 8 inches on center.
- Starting at the low point of the roof installed a single layer of CertainTeed “Winterguard” underlayment.
- Base sheet to overlap 2 inches on side laps 4 inches on end laps.
- Installed new nominal drip edge metal flashing to roof rake using mechanical fasteners.
- Fastened edge metal 8 inches on centers.
- Installed all new galvanized pipes / vent flashings per manufacturer specifications.
- Installed step flashings at roof to wall transitions. Installed face attached counter flashing as deemed necessary.
- Painted all flashings / projections to match roofing as closely as possible.
- Starting at the low point of the roof installed a fiberglass starter course to provide double coverage at eaves.
- Starting at the low point of the roof installed CertainTeed Landmark Shingles.
- Composition shingles are installed per manufacturer specifications.
- Color is Mojave Tan.
- Mechanically attached standard hip and ridge.
- Removed and hauled away all debris caused by roofing.
- Removed ten (10) skylights with a dimension of 24” x 24” and replaced with new.
- Removed eight (8) skylights with a dimension of 27” x 51” and replaced with new.
- Cleaned up all debris caused by work and hauled away.