Arcadia is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California. There are numerous parks and recreational facilities in Arcadia and an assortment of shopping complexes, restaurants, bars, and movie theaters. The area continues to grow as people move away from the big city but need to live nearby for the commute.
Commercial Roofing In Arcadia
The pleasant summer weather that graces the area most of the year also draws people to the area. As the population increases, so do commercial developments, and the maintenance of these properties is important to their success. The roofing of any commercial building is important because poor roofing can result in expensive damage as well as a loss of business. To make sure your roof remains in the best condition for as long as possible, you need to work with a qualified and professional roofer. They need to have commercial experience as these roofing systems are very different from traditional residential building.
Commercial Roofing in Arcadia, California
Even if the weather is mostly sunny, bad weather can roll through this area and you need to make sure your commercial roofing can withstand all weather and adverse conditions. There are several material options you have for commercial roofing and we will help you find what works best for your building and your budget.
- Thermoplastic roofing – This is the most popular roofing option today and is made from a durable material that has a high-temperature tolerance. It is resistant to ozone, ultraviolet and chemical exposure, making it sturdy for commercial properties. The minimum lifespan of thermo-plastic roofing is close to 20 years.
- EPDM roofing – One of the longest lasting commercial roofs available is EPDM and it is easy to install, maintain and repair as compared to other types of commercial roofs.
- Use Photo-Voltaic solar panels – Given the sun coverage of southern California, it is wise to make use of the sun’s energy. Moving towards a green and sustainable energy is ideal for commercial properties that can run up expensive energy bills. PV Solar panels installed over a rooftop help convert the sun’s rays to energy and can provide an efficient solution to commercial power.
- Green roofs – Green roofing systems are becoming popular options as the world continues to focus on the importance of the environment. These flat roofs are partially or fully covered with vegetation and soil, planted on a waterproofing membrane. You get an environmentally-friendly roof and a talking point for business partners.
Choosing a Commercial Roofing Contractor?
- Hire a Licensed Company – You need to hire a qualified, experienced and reliable roofing contractor. They should be fully licensed and insured and familiar with local codes and regulations. You want a company that provides quality, trusted work, has a positive track record in the area, follow up and maintenance.
- Regular inspections – Commercial roofing undergoes regular wear and tear so needs inspections and regular maintenance to ensure it lasts as long as you need. Confirm that the roofer you hire will follow-up often and perform repairs and maintenance as needed to keep your roof in optimal condition.