Commercial building owners have a lot of responsibility when it comes to keeping their building safe and in good condition. The roofing system is a major part of this, but shouldn’t be a cause of headaches for any owner. Neglecting a roof is the number one way to end up with serious damage and big expenses. With regular inspections, you can avoid this and identify potential problems before they get out of control.
5 Ways You Are Damaging Your Roofing System
To get the most out of your commercial roofing system, you need to make it a priority and there are several things you can do maintain a long-lasting roof. More importantly, there are things you are already doing that are likely damaging your roof, and you need to stop.
- Missing annual inspections: keeping a regular eye on your commercial roofing system is the best way to avoid serious damage. You can identify potential problems early and you can plan for future repairs that may be needed. This prevents you from scrambling at the last minute to come up with finances for repairs. You can also save the building from serious damage by catching leaks before they spread.
- Forgoing maintenance: Regular maintenance is just as essential as inspections. Small problems can quickly turn into larger and more expensive ones, but with regular maintenance, you can prevent this. By preventing general degradation and keeping the roof maintained at all times, it will last longer. Fixing tears and gaps as well as removing standing water and tapped moisture are perfect ways to protect your roof.
- Ignoring storms: Outside of your regular inspections, you should always be checking the roof after any storm or severe weather changes. Winds can tear away materials as well as throw items against the roof causing tears. Leaves and other debris can also clog gutters and drains causing water to build up on the roof, which can lead to leaks.
- Hiring the wrong contractor: It is important to hire a roofing contractor for maintenance and inspections that have experience and training with commercial roofing. They must also be insured and licensed within the trade. To get a high-quality roofing system in place, you need a high-quality roofer, so don’t just hire the cheapest.
- Doing nothing: Forgetting about your roof and doing nothing preventative will only lead to damage and will cost you greatly. Saving things to the last minute is never a good idea when it comes to roofing. Completely having to replace a roof is costly, but with regular maintenance and inspections, you can get the most of your roof and avoid the full overhaul.
Reach out to us today to schedule an inspection and we will help you identify any problems quickly and get them repaired in no time. We understand how important the roof is to your building and it is our priority to give you the best in commercial roofing care.