1.Those views. Standing on a rooftop means you can see for actual miles.
2. Height gains. Especially important for short people who don’t know what it’s like to see over the heads of others…
3. Loads of cool space-saving stuff happens on rooftops in big, built up cities because there’s nowhere left on ground level. We’re talking vegetable gardens, beekeeping, and most importantly, bars.
4. You can probably see your house or workplace and it’ll make you feel like you’re in some super mega realistic Google Map.
5. Sunsets and sunrises will never look better than from the top of a roof.
6. If you have to climb a load of stairs to get up there, there’ll be some kind of view-based reward and you can tell yourself that you don’t have to go to the gym for another week.
7. The greatest movie scenes were filmed on the top of roofs; just look at Mary Poppins’ chimney sweep dance, King Kong’s accidental hostage situation and The Hangover’s pre-s@#$-hitting-the-fan Jager shots.
8. Extra special rooftops have extra special things on them, like tennis courts and movie theaters.
9. They’re the perfect spot for first dates because if you run out of chat, you can just spout on about the views until they tell you to shut up/kiss you to make you stop/run away.
10. It’s like being given a telescope over the city. You’ll spot buildings you want to visit, green spaces you want to roll around in and other rooftops you want to love life from.
11. The higher you are, the more cool points you’ll earn. “We had to climb one flight of stairs” wows no-one, but five is impressive.
12. The Beatles played their last ever gig on the rooftop of Apple headquarters in London in 1969.
13. Some rooftops have yoga classes on them which is the most zen thing ever.